"We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life, but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands" ~Anonymous

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Has it really been that long?!?!

Wow! 5 weeks?? I knew that it had been awhile since I blogged, but the 5 week mark certainly snuck up on me! Good thing not many folks read follow my little blog rantings...I would hate to have disappointed them! LOL!

5 weeks and this will have to be short...it's been a long and wonderful day! Mason turned 3 on Friday and his party was today. 3 years?!?! How did that happen? I can so clearly remember nights when I would lay in bed crying, literally screaming at God for my inability to be a mother. I wanted nothing more than to have a baby laying next to me. Now he's here - he's been here for 3 years - and he's more than I could have prayed for and more than I deserve. Really. I am in awe of how funny, smart, healthy, engaging, beautiful, caring, and awesome he is already. I love to watch him play with his friends, as he did tonight, and know that I, hopefully, have years and years left to enjoy being his Mom. I love his little quirky habits, like asking to smell your breath so he can guess what it smells like. (That's funny, of course, until his Daddy prompts him to say that your breath smells like horse poop! Mason thinks that is hilarious!) I love those quiet moments when he just wants a hug or to hold my hand.

It is miraculous to me that Mason is even here today. The hurdles he overcame to even enter this world are unimaginable and, as of right now, he is showing ZERO side effects! Only God can do that. Only God can have plans so great for Mason that he was not affected by the assault on his body. I have said it many times and will say it again - I am honored to simply be a part of the journey.

Work-related travel is gearing up soon and I will be spending the better part of six weeks away from my little guy. I hate it. I love my job and gain great satisfaction from what I do, but it is physically painful to be separated from him that much. I am faithful that God has a plan for this too, and so I will be patient and rely on his will. He has never steered my wrong!

More to come...in less than five weeks...I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment