"We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life, but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands" ~Anonymous

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Just sayin...

Ok, so I guess that this is kind of a confession, but also inspired by some other blogs I've read recently. I have nothing against Moms who feel differenlty from me and hope they don't have anything against me!

* I have a full time job and I travel for work. The kiddo has a wonderful group of ladies @ Littlest Lamb that look after him while I work ... I don't feel guilty working & don't want to be a SAHM. (Ok, well I try not to feel guilty!)

* Mason sleeps in our bed...not because it's a parenting technique, but because it's easier!

* My baby was formula fed and I dont' feel guilty. If I had a bio baby I'd probably still feed them formula.

* I used jarred baby food. I barely cook the big people supper ... sure as heck wasn't going to manage blending baby food. They eat 'regular' food with the rest of us now.

* I use disposable diapers. No way am I swishing dirty ones in the potty ... eww.

*I let my child watch tv. He plays outside and read books too, but I will not feel guilty because he watches a Disney movie...


Anywho ... I see nothing wrong with the co-sleeping, SAHM that breast feeds the adopted child and makes her own baby food while washing loads of cloth diapers. And I hope she sees nothing wrong with me either!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! I'm a SAH/WAHM, use a combo of cloth and disposable, mostly jarred baby food, nursed, and my kids watch way too much TV. And I think as long as you love and are invested in your kid what the heck does it matter if you can wash or throw away their diaper? That, for sure, isn't any kind of a gauge of love, affection, or complete devotion to your kid. I totally agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the mommy wars...aren't they fun? Do what is right for you and yours and forget everyone else!

    You know I worked. I used disposable diapers and jarred baby food. They slept in our bed from day one, and once in a while they still do just because I like it that way. I did breastfeed, but I can't imagine why anyone would try to do that with an adopted baby. It's hard enough when your body has been preparing for it for nine months. We watch lots of TV too.

    Looking back there are things I would change, and if I had another I might do some things differently, but they don't come with an owners manual so we just have to make it up as we go along. Heck, they're still alive and that's more than I can say for any plant I've ever owned!

    ReplyDelete